Sunday, December 10, 2006

first post.

I have been staring at a blank computer screen trying to start this entry for a few minutes however i can't quite figure out how to. so here goes, don't blame me if it is mediocre.

Last Thursday we played our last show before we go into the studio and work on the long delayed full length album. Rather than playing at our usual haunts of double door, darkroom or other chicago venues; we opted to sign on to a show at 'debonair social club.' As most of you know, we have earned a reputation for being obscenely loud. The owner of Debonair however was unaware of this so you could imagine his dismay when going from electro dance rock to whatever the fuck it is that we do. Either way, nice people all around.

click on the picture to get to more photos from that night


Today we start tracking at David Gollitko's studio before heading into Engine studios on January 7th. Jeremy and I have feverishly been collecting guitar gadgets, much to the dismay of Cory and John who are probably fed up with Jeremy and myself having to 'try out' new pedals each day before rehearsal. I blame my end of the obsession on being single. I don't know what J's excuse is.

I think we're all incredibly excited to get this album out as it is such a different sound from the old airiel material (don't worry.) There are certain surprises involved that I really really can't mention until the album is completed but I can say that it is adding to our own excitement.

I think thats all for now. I smell like a shoe. Time to shower.

-chris

1 comment:

Machiventa said...

cool, can't wait to hear it.